Women are under-represented throughout history.
Around the globe, we are present in every industry and facet of life.
We’ve had to fight for our rights.
Thanks to the Education Task Force of the Sonoma County (California) Commission on the Status of Women for celebrating the first “Women’s History Week” in 1978!
Then in 1987, Congress designated March as “Women’s History Month,” and since then, the National Women’s History Alliance selects and publishes the yearly theme.
2020’s Women’s History Month theme is Valiant Women of the Vote. The theme honors women who fought to win suffrage rights for women and for those who continue to fight for the voting rights of others.
- Bear Mountain, NY: Be kind to yourself – feeling stressed? Take a breathe and slow down
Traveling to escape the city? Bringing your pet? Celebrate 2020 with 20% off your lodging accommodation for two or more nights and 20% off one lunch or dinner in Restaurant 1915, located in Bear Mountain Inn. Room discount available on accommodations in the Overlook Lodge or Stone Lodges. To reserve, please call the hotel directly at 845.786.2731 or Bear Mountain Inn.
- The Lodge at Wakulla Springs, FL: Prioritize time with yourself, organize your to-do list
Enjoy a unique stay beside the world’s deepest freshwater spring. Hiking trails, boat tours, swimming. Visit The Lodge at Wakulla and book now!
- Big Sur, CA: Spend time alone – journal your thoughts, walk in nature or enjoy a cup of tea
Use your vacation day to unwind and experience nature. Take a weekend out to visit “mini-Yosemite”! As a Lodge guest, you receive a complimentary day pass to all three state parks in Big Sur: Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Andrew Molera State Park and Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park. Check room availability here.
Facts about Females
- The world’s first novel, The Tale of Genji, was published in Japan around A.D. 1000 by female author Murasaki Shikibu.
- The first country to grant women the right to vote in the modern era was New Zealand in 1893. It wasn’t until 1920 that women got the right to vote in the USA.